I remember being introduced to high quality beauty products in college and ever since then (shh over 10 years ago!), I’ve been on a mission to find the best beauty products that work for me. My skin’s needs have changed over the years and I have tried many, MANY products, but this past year, I finally feel confident in the products I have. Yes I may tweak them from time to time, but I’m pretty confident that most of these will continue to be in my repertoire. I’m sharing my top 20 beauty with you guys and keep in mind, these range from makeup, hair tools, to my favorite pillowcase! All are beauty related:
1 Beautycounter Tint Skin: My number one product from Beautycounter, even though I stopped selling it (more about that below), I love this foundation because it has minimal coverage, doesn’t clog my pores and helps even out my skin. One tube tends to last me 3-4 months, so it is well worth it for the price.
2 Primally Pure Charcoal Deodorant: If you follow me on Instagram you know I just love my Primally Pure! It is hands down the best natural deodorant I’ve tried. I have tried about 6 different brands before I found this one and now I’ve been using it for 5 years. I actually wrote a whole blog post all about it that you can read here. Best of all, you can use my discount code “THEBLISSFULMOMMA” to get 10% off your purchase at Primally Pure.
3. Milk Mascara: Mascara is one of the hardest safer beauty products to find and I’m not quite sure why. I’m guessing the safer ingredients just don’t work as well as the more mainstream ones. However, this Milk mascara is made without the top three worst offenders in the beauty industry (sulfates, parabens, and pthalates) and actually gives lashes some volume
4. Blowout Brush Tool: Weird name, but this was the most accurate way to describe this tool. It is life-changing! If you are like me and you loathe the time and energy it takes to blow dry hair, this is for you. The best way to describe it is a combination of a brush and a hair dryer. And my hair that usually takes at least a 30 minutes to blow dry and style is done with this tool in undere 7 minutes! Perfect for busy Mom life.
5. Drunk Elephant Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops: A life changing product I discovered at a skincare workshop with Drunk Elephant. Think of these drops as ultra-moisturizing bronzer. A few drops go a long way and they are perfect to give even the lightest complexion a little color.
6. Rose Glow Eye Balm: I was introduced to the predecessor of this eyebalm that I loved a lot and then when this second version came out, I fell in love even more. This undereye balm brightens, never cakes, and smoothes fine lines under eyes. It’s predecessor which can be found here, was a lot more tingly and also works wonderfully, but this rose gold tone works best with my light complexion.
7. Witch Hazel Toner: Ever since I learned toner is not supposed to be a very harsh substance, I switched to a more mild and safer toner. Why? It helps remove free radicals, has anti-aging properties, and is alcohol free (alcohol is very drying to your skin). This one also has rose added which is extremely nourishing for skin and leaves a pleasant scent. This toner is also super affordable and will last a long time.
8. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum: Another product I learned about at the Drunk Elephant event in July. This products is a bit of an investment, but you only use a tiny bit each morning and it works wonders! It brightens skin, moisturizes, and smells so good. I’ve been skeptical of which Vitamin C serum to use, but this one is exactly what aging skin needs. Bonus: Just read some reviews on Sephora that state this product does wonders for Melasma.
9. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick: I haven’t really been a fan of matte lipstick until I came across this gem from Charlotte Tilbury. I particularly like that it doesn’t cake on your lips and feels pretty moisturizing. The color that I love is called Pillowtalk.
10. Beautycounter Liquid Eyelinger : Ahh the eyeliner the converted me into a liquid eyeliner. I used to be terrified of using liquid eyeliner because it seemed so intimidating and hard to use, but this one is a game changer. Easy to use, not too thick, and subtle enough for everyday wear, but can also be used for a more glamorous date night.
11. Beachwaver Curling Iron : I’ve used a lot of curling irons, but I am just challenged with curling my hair. I need simplification with it and this curling iron does just that. No tutorials needed! It has a rotating barrel and so easy to use. Ever since I got this curling iron, I curl my hair much more often than I used to.
12. Tula Cult Classic Face Cleanser : The Tula craze is real, this is good stuff! A safer beauty product that leaves my face feeling clean and has helped reduce my breakouts. It is a gel cleanser made with probiotics and is free from phthalates, parabens, toxins, carcinogens, mineral oil, sodium laurel sulfate, and harmful preservatives.
13. Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm : The BEST chapstick you will find! Nuff said. Pricey, but SO worth it!
14. Painless Hair Removal Tool : This nifty tool really says what it does, removes hair from your face with zero pain. I use it for my lip and it is sooo much better than waxing; not to mention cheaper! It also exfoliates some dead skin off. There is a similar eyebrow version of this tool that also has rave reviews that can be found here.
15. Primally Pure Masks : Yes these masks did not release to the public until the new year, however, I got to test them starting in November and I was hooked! Made from plant-based ingredients that actually work on skin, I love how they make my skin feel. The plumping mask is my favorite. You can use my discount code “THEBLISSFULMOMMA” to get 10% off your purchase at Primally Pure.
16. Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops : The BEST tanning drops for your face that tan you gradually, are made with safer ingredients, and don’t smell. This little jar will last you a long time; I’ve had mine for almost a year now. I mix in a few drops with my foundation.
17. Beautycounter Dew Skin : The only tinted moisturizer you need. This one has SPF 15 and provides light coverage. I like to throw it on when I’m running out the door and don’t have time for full makeup, but I also use it as my daily moisurizer.
18. Primally Pure Serum : My favorite Primally Pure products of the whole year! These serums have been the only oil I have found that moisturizes my face without causing breakouts. It does wonders for my skin and I literally look forward to using it every night. My favorite is to mix a few drops of the clarifying and plumping serums . You can use my discount code “THEBLISSFULMOMMA” to get 10% off your purchase at Primally Pure.
19. Charlotte Tillburry Hollywood Flawless Filter Foundation: I’m so glad I was introduced to this brand this year! Safer makeup products that work. I mix this one with tint skin (product #1) for a perfect dewy and glowy look.
20. Silk Pillowcase : The brand name version will cost you $150 and as much as I love luxurious items, that is way too much for a one pillowcase. After doing some research, I found this version that is still 100% silk and good for skin and hair. It is also the softest thing (true story Ollie always wants to lay on it) and it feels very cooling on skin.
Why I left Beautycounter
If you’re new around here, I was a Beautycounter consultant from February 2018-June 2019. I used to talk about it a lot on my Instagram and blog.I’ll cut straight to the reason: it wasn’t profitable enough for me. I’m not going to bad mouth the company because I truly think they are an awesome company and I don’t think it is like your traditional MLM. I was not forced to buy a certain amount of products or inventory. I simply wasn’t getting the sales/results to make it worth my time. My Beautycounter business required me to put A LOT of work into it all the time. I kind of hoped this wouldn’t be the case; I hoped I would set it up and then it would sort of run itself. However, this wasn’t what happened. . I would have gladly given more time to this business, but my personal blog/Instagram grew rapidly in the first year and became a much more reliable revenue stream. It also allowed to be multi-entrapreunerial, whereas with Beautycounter, I had to make beauty products my sole purpose. I still love their products and use many of them (my top two are included in the list above!) and will continue to purchase from this company. It’s just not going to be my sole focus.